12.5% of kids (0-17) has ACEs score of 4 or higher
According to Dr. Felitti (co-author of the ACEs study with the CDC),
If your ACE score is 4, you are:
- 3600% more likely to become injection drug (ie: heroine) user.
- 1200% greater likelihood of attempting suicide as an adult (2900% at ACE of 6).
- 1200% more likely to be a sexual assault victim.
- 1000% more likely to inject street drugs.
- 700% more likely to become an alcoholic.
- 600% more likely to have sex before age 15.
- 500% more likely to have multiple marriages.
- 400% greater likelihood of emphysema or chronic bronchitis.
- 300% more likely to contract HIV.
- 300% more likely to become a domestic violent victim (women); 150% (men).
- 300% greater likelihood of struggling with chronic depression.
- 240% greater risk of hepatitis.
- 240% higher risk of sexually transmitted disease.
- 200% more likely to become smokers.
- 200% greater likelihood of severe obesity.
- 150% more likely to have heart disease.
- 51% of ACE score of 4 will have behavioral problems in school.